Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mama's Day Every Day

Dear Mom ~

Ellie in Cabo San Lucas, October 2012
Happy Mother's Day to an amazing woman, my mama Ellie. As you recuperate from hip surgery, chemotherapy and radiation, I just want to say ~ mama's day is every day. You deserve no less.

You are seriously considering a move to Portland!  I'm surprised that you are willing to consider leaving sunny southern California for Puddletown. However, I think you'll find out that Portland is one of the most beautiful and entertaining cities one could ever want to live in.

The exciting news is that your house sold quickly, and for a great price. Now comes the hard part, emotionally and physically. Deciding what to take and what to leave, letting go of things, can be a struggle. We will be there to help you through the sorting and packing.  I believe that your new simplified life, whether in California or in Portland, will lighten you in ways that you have not imagined.  Know that if you do move to Portland, you will be surrounded by your Oregon family and friends.

Candace's peonies, May 2013

I know how you love the Dogwoods in the spring, and luscious peonies in bloom.  I'm looking forward to sharing my garden (and my friends' gardens!) with you.  It will be fun to be close enough to just pop over and visit, to share special dinners, and to get you out to enjoy all this city has to offer.

Looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day 2014 in Portland with you.

Love from your daughter,
     Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portland Mural Art   BotJoy, Gary Hirsch Art can bring us joy; it can challenge us, or give us new perspectives. Art displayed in museums a...